Friday, December 9, 2011

Our gingerbread (felt) home

A few days ago I posted a link to make felt gingerbread homes.  Well this morning we made one!  I could not get her pattern to download so I went a totally different way!!  Here are the pics and how it turned out!
We used craft felt, hot glue gun, and fiber fill for this first part of creating the home!

I cut 4 pieces of red felt the bottom was squared off and the top was pointed.  The bottom of the home is a square.  I glued the bottom down first.

Then I glued up the sides


Then it is time to fill!!

I glued the points together

They did not fit all the way together (I can't cut straight no matter what I do!)

So I added snow to the top to cover up how the roof did not fit!

Then I gave Gianna a plate with glue on it.  She used a paint brush to put the decorations on her house!  I cut out a door and some trees for her but I also gave her some scraps and some cotton balls

The finished product!! Of course we added glitter!  A little sparkle never hurt anyone!!  ;)

Gianna decided her gingerbread house was really a house for her ELF!!  SO CUTE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It