Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How to make Baby wipes

A friend of mine gave me the idea of making baby wipes! I found the recipe on line!

Here is the website I found the information on:
http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/diapering/ht/wipes.htm


Making your own baby wipes will not only save money, but you will know for sure that no harsh or drying chemicals are touching your baby's bottom.

Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: 15 minutes


Here's How:
Cut the roll of paper towels in half with a knife and remove the inner cardboard core.

Mix liquid ingredients in container.
Place the paper towels in the container with the cut side facing downward.
Secure lid tightly and allow to sit until all liquid is absorbed into the paper towels.

Turn the container upside-down and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Open container and 'start' the roll by pulling a towel from the inside of the roll.
Wipes are now ready to use.

Tips:
These also make a great gift for new parents. You can decorate or personalize the container and, of course, be sure to include a copy of the recipe.
Save the other half of the roll for use next time you make wipes.
Make sure the container is closed tightly after each use to prevent drying out.
When your baby is older and his skin is less sensitive, you can add about a teaspoon of rubbing alcohol to the mix.

What You Need:
Round plastic container (Rubbermaid #6 or #9 works well)
Thick, strong roll of white paper towels
Sharp knife to cut paper towel roll in half
2 cups water that has been boiled and cooled to room temperature
2 Tablespoons baby shampoo or baby wash
1 Tablespoon baby oil

We were also thinking you might be able to use an empty container of Lysol Kitchen wipes. Just a thought! I think I am going to make these wipes the next time I run out! I wonder how they would work in a diaper warmer I have? Not sure. I will try and let you know when I do. If any of you make the wipes comment and let us know how they work!

2 comments:

  1. I made almost all of the wipes for Madeline and Hannah and loved them! Viva papertowels in the select a size are really soft and they smell so good! You'll also save a ton of money. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, thanks for the tip! I have not made them yet, still working through the big Sams box we bought. I will get some Viva papertowels when I make them though.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It