Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stained Glass Window!

http://artfulparent.typepad.com/artfulparent/2011/05/flower-stained-glass-door.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheArtfulParent+%28The+Artful+Parent%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Right now I am in love with this idea!  I am thinking about doing this for the long thin window that is next to my front door.  Maybe I will use the flowers we get when the baby is born!!  Below the picture I have an idea on how to keep the color of the flowers to last longer!  Happy idea for a window!





Here is a way to keep the colors lasting for YEARS: take a piece of wax paper (wax side up) and arrange the flower (or Fall leaves -- my favorite!) on it. Add another piece of wax paper (wax side down) and press with the iron until wax melts and the two sides stick together. This lasts quite a long time. In fact, I think my parents still have one I made about, oh, 20 years ago. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It