Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Flour paint

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to babysit a lovely little angel.  She is a friend's little girl and Glenn is in love!  He spent the 2 days hugging and kissing her! So sweet! 






 One of the activities we did was to paint with Flour Paint.  This paint is awesome because the little guys can do it and if they put some in their mouths it is okay, let me just say I did not let them eat it but if they were doing like Glenn was in this picture I did not have to scream and jump into super hero mode to stop him.  It was more calm than that!  ;)
 http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2011/06/squeezable-homemade-finger-paint/  Here is the link for the blog that I found the recipe

Recipe for Homemade Finger Paint


1 cup flour

2 tablespoons salt

1 1/2 cups cold water

1 1/2 cups hot water

Coloring: food coloring, tempera paint, or powdered tempera will work

I wish I would have taken a picture of the masterpieces these artists made but I did  not!


I have also done just flour and water and mix together until it becomes a paint consistancy.  Just another idea!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It