Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oobleck!

I love Oobleck!! The first time I made it was in college! Now I always tell my students about it so they can use it in the preschool! So much fun for kiddos of any age! I got this recipe from the Magic House! Thank you Magic House! ;)


Oobleck!

One of The Magic House’s favorite activities! Oobleck is a Non-Newtonian Fluid. This means it is neither a solid nor a liquid! This is so easy and all you need are TWO ingredients.



Oobleck Recipe
Materials:
Cornstarch
Water
Measuring Cup
Spoon


Directions
Mix water and cornstarch in a bowl or container (try 1/2 cup cornstarch with 1/4 cup water for starters.)

The mixture should be wet enough to flow, but dry enough to break off in pieces...experiment with the consistency- pinch it, squeeze it, break it!

The mixture dries out as you use it. So add a little water to bring it back to it's original state.

Don't pour the oobleck down the drain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It