Saturday, February 13, 2010

This picture is what I based the whole room on. It done by an artist named Rie Munoz, she is from Alaska.
Here is the mobile that I made. I love the way it looks with the crib. This picture was taken before Gianna came home. I did not leave the bumper in the crib because of the new SIDS recommendation to take them out. I love the way her room came together.
The mobile is made first by punching out a bunch of leaves; I had 4 different shapes that I used with a bunch of different type of paper. Then using fishing line and beads I strung each leave together and sewed it to a wreath. It was hard to keep them from tangling but once I got it hung in place the effect is exactly what I wanted. I used the extra leaves later in another project I will post about.

2 comments:

Pin It